Call for Papers and IG Panel Proposals – 2019 ESIL Annual Conference, Athens, September 2019
The 2019 ESIL Annual Conference will take place in Athens on 12 -14 September 2019, with ESIL Interest Group events during the morning of 12 September.
The programme of the conference will be available in due course, and registration will open in February 2019.
The theme of the 2019 conference is SOVEREIGNTY: A CONCEPT IN FLUX?
The CALL FOR PAPERS AND IG PANEL PROPOSALS is now open, and all members of the Society are welcome to submit papers.
ESIL Interest Groups are invited to submit panel proposals.
- Agora I: Beyond Sovereignty: ABNJ and the Law of the Sea
- Agora II: Exercising Sovereignty: Managing Migratory Flows
- Agora III: Expanding Sovereignty: Extraterritoriality as a Tool
- Agora IV: Apportioning Sovereignty: Delimitation as a Sovereignty Exercise
- Agora V: Questing Sovereignty: The Role of Non-State Actors
- Agora VI: Extending Sovereignty: Space Activities and New Frontiers
- Agora VII: Enforcing Sovereignty: The Rapidly Expanding International Tax Law
- Agora VIII: Defending Sovereignty: Protectionism in International Trade and Investment
- Agora IX: Attacking Sovereignty: Security, Terrorism and the Use of Force
- Agora X: Circumventing Sovereignty: The Challenges of Environmental Regulation
Abstracts (in Word and PDF format, not exceeding 800 words) must be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Important: indicate in the subject line the agora for which the abstract is to be considered e.g. Athens 2019: submission for agora VII).
The deadline for submissions is 31 January 2019.