ESIL Annual Conference 2018, Manchester: Call for Papers – ‘International law and universality’
2018 ESIL ANNUAL CONFERENCE
The 14th Annual Conference of the European Society of International Law will be held at The University of Manchester on 13 – 15 September 2018. It will be facilitated by the Manchester International Law Centre (MILC).
The overall theme of the conference is ‘International law and universality’.
Paper proposals are welcome from individuals and panel proposals are welcome from ESIL Interest Groups and should relate to one of the following eight themes:
- The ‘Particular’ vs the ‘Universal’ in International Law
- Universality and regimes
- Universality and adjudication
- A European tradition of Universality?
- Universality and the teaching of international law
- Universality and the working languages of international law
- Critique and resistance to Universality
- Universality over time
Further details of the conference theme, the themes of the agora panels, and the submission procedure can be found in the CALL FOR PAPERS
The deadline for the submission of proposals was 31 January 2018.
Note: Pre-conference ESIL Interest Group events will be held during the morning of Thursday 13 September.