Summer School: ‘The Law and Practice of International Dispute Settlement’
The Amsterdam Center for International Law (ACIL) of the University of Amsterdam and the T.M.C. Asser Institute are pleased to announce the launch of the Summer School on ‘The Law and Practice of International Dispute Settlement’.
Date: 10 – 14 July 2017
Venue: The Hague, Netherlands
Our programme will explore the past, present and future of international dispute settlement. It will interrogate contradictions in international dispute settlement by immersion in today’s most compelling controversies and issues. The summer school will provide essential exposure through organised study visits to prominent institutions in The Hague. At the end of the programme, participants will enjoy comprehensive insight into the contentious field of international dispute settlement, its opportunities and its dilemmas.
The programme will be delivered by:
- Prof. Dr Laurence Boisson de Chazournes (University of Geneva)
- Prof. Dr Armin von Bogdandy (Max Planck Institute Heidelberg)
- Prof. Dr Hélène Ruiz Fabri (Max Planck Institute Luxembourg)
- Prof. Dr Maxi Scherer (Queen Mary University; Wilmer Cutler Pickering & Hale)
- Prof. Dr Stephan Schill (ACIL, University of Amsterdam)
- Prof. Mr Winfried van den Muijsenbergh (AKD)
- Prof. Dr Olivier Corten (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
- Dr Ingo Venzke (ACIL, University of Amsterdam)
- Dr Geoff Gordon (Asser Institute)
Our summer school is designed for PhD students; other scholars and students interested in the field; members of diplomatic staffs; private and public practitioners in the field of international dispute settlement; experts and other professionals interested in the field; and members of related research and practice centres.
The deadline for application is 18 June 2017.
More information about the programme and registration details can be found on our website: www.asser.nl/summerprogrammes.