Interest Group on International Legal Theory and Philosophy
- Pre-conference workshop on Access to International Adjudication on the occasion of the 2018 ESIL Annual conference in September in Manchester. The CALL FOR PAPERS is closed.
- Call for Expressions of Interest : First European Conference on the Theory and Philosophy of International Law. Deadline for submissions: 31 January 2018
- Event: Transcendent principles and pluralism in international law: the complex, the simple, and the universal, on the occasion of the 14th ESIL annual conference, 13-15 September 2018, Manchester. Call for Papers. Deadline for submissions: 31 December 2017
- Pre-conference workshop: Democracy and Participation versus Global Public Goods and Commons, 6 September 2017, Naples. Programme
- Seminar: ‘The Erosion of the Rule of Law in East Central Europe’ on 15 February 2017 at the Aleksanteri Institute, University of Helsinki.
- Meeting 11h00 – 18h00, before the ESIL Annual Conference Riga 7 September 2016: ”THE RESILIENCE OF LAW”. PROGRAMME
- 25th Annual SLS-BIICL Conference on Theory and International Law, 25 April 2016.
- ASIL–ESIL–MPIL Workshop on International Legal Theory, Vienna, 8 September 2014.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
The conveners of the Interest Group receive automatically-generated updated lists of IG members on the 7th day of each month.
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
Members of the Coordinating Committee are elected for four-year terms and may be re-elected. The IG has a staggered election model, where four members stand for (re-)election every two years.
- Gleider I Hernández, John Morss, and Ekaterina Yahyaoui were elected in May 2015 and their terms run until 30 April 2019.
- The last Coordinating Committee elections took place in May 2017. Noora Arajärvi, Jörg Kammerhofer and Ozlem Ulgen were elected and their terms until 30 April 2021.
- After the last elections, the Co-ordinating Committee voted for Jörg Kammerhofer to serve as chair, Gleider I Hernández as deputy chair and Ekaterina Yahyaoui as website administrator of the group until 30 April 2019.