Interest Group on International Legal Theory and Philosophy
- Conference: ‘The Theory and Philosophy of Customary International Law and its Interpretation’, jointly organised by the ERC project on ‘The Rules of Interpretation of Customary International Law’ (TRICI-Law project), the ESIL Interest Group on International Legal Theory and Philosophy and the University of Groningen, Groningen, 24-25 May 2019. Call for papers.
- Panel: ‘Transcendent Principles and Pluralism in International Law: the Complex, the Simple, and the Universal’, 14th ESIL Annual Conference, Manchester, 13 September 2018. Call for papers.
- Pre-conference workshop: ‘Democracy and Participation versus Global Public Goods and Commons’, 13th ESIL Annual Conference, Naples, 6 September 2017. PROGRAMME
- Seminar: ‘The Erosion of the Rule of Law in East Central Europe’, Aleksanteri Institute, Helsinki, 15 February 2017.
- Pre-conference workshop: ‘The Resilience of Law’, ESIL 12th Annual Conference, Riga, 7 September 2016.
- Conference: ‘Beyond our comfort zone? Situating the authority of international lawyers, institutions, and other international actors’, jointly organised by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law and the IG on International Legal Theory and Philosophy, London, 25 April 2016. PROGRAMME.
- Workshop: ‘Authority in International Law: New and Traditional Forms and Approaches’ jointly organised by the IG on International Legal Theory and Philosophy, the American and European Societies of International Law and the Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public and International Law, 10th ESIL Annual Conference, Vienna, 8 September 2014. Call for papers.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
Members of the Coordinating Committee are elected for four-year terms and may be re-elected. The IG has a staggered election model, where three members stand for (re-)election every two years.
- Gleider I Hernández, John Morss, and Ekaterina Yahyaoui were elected in May 2015 and their terms run until 30 April 2019.
- The last Coordinating Committee elections took place in May 2017. Noora Arajärvi, Jörg Kammerhofer and Ozlem Ulgen were elected and their terms until 30 April 2021.
- After the last elections, the Coordinating Committee voted for Jörg Kammerhofer to serve as chair, Gleider I Hernández as deputy chair, and Ekaterina Yahyaoui as website administrator of the group until 30 April 2019.