ESIL Carers’ Grants
ESIL CARERS’ GRANTS
The European Society of International Law offers carers’ grants to encourage and facilitate attendance of members with parental or other caring responsibilities at its Annual Conferences and Research Forums. Caring responsibilities include, but is not limited to, childcare (for children up to the age of 16).
Applications for carers’ grants for the ESIL Annual Conference in Manchester (13-15 September 2018) will be accepted until 8 June 2018.
Applicants must be current members of the Society, and must therefore have paid the 2018 fee at the time of requesting the grant.
If more applications are received than available grants, applications will be ranked using a points system. The following criteria will be applied:
- Status at conference (conference speaker / Interest Group speaker / chair / participant)
- Early-career scholars
- Applicants who do not receive support for caring costs from other sources
- Contribution to ESIL (priority given to applicants who have demonstrated special engagement with ESIL, such as engagement with Interest Groups or past ESIL membership)
- Past awards (priority given to applicants who have not previously been awarded a grant)
Value of Awards
- Your application form and supporting documents must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ESIL Carers’ Grant application / your surname before 8 June 2018.
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by email in June 2018.
- Grants will be paid to recipients after the event. The grant can be paid only if all requested documents (complete bank details, travel documents, and signed reimbursement form) are sent to the ESIL Secretariat before 30 September 2018 at the very latest.