ESIL Carers’ Grants
The European Society of International Law offers carers’ grants to encourage and facilitate attendance of members with parental or other caring responsibilities at its Annual Conferences and Research Forums. Caring responsibilities include, but is not limited to, childcare (for children up to the age of 16).
Applications for carers’ grants for the ESIL Research Forum in Göttingen (4-5 April 2019) will be accepted until 12 February 2019.
If you are a chair or speaker in the main Research Forum or in one of the Interest Group events, you may apply for a carers’ grant. (Note: chairs and speakers at Interest Group events can receive a grant only if they also attend the main Research Forum).
Applicants must be current ESIL members at the time of applying for a grant. .
If more applications are received than available grants, applications will be ranked using a points system. The following criteria will be applied:
- Status at forum (speaker / chair)
- Early-career scholars
- Applicants who do not receive support for caring costs from other sources
- Contribution to ESIL (priority given to applicants who have demonstrated special engagement with ESIL, such as engagement with Interest Groups or past ESIL membership)
- Past awards (priority given to applicants who have not previously been awarded a grant)
Value of Awards
- Your application form and supporting documents must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ESIL Carers’ Grant application / your surname before 12 February 2019.
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by email in March 2019.
- Grants will be paid to recipients after the event. The grant can be paid only if all requested documents (complete bank details, travel documents, and signed reimbursement form) are sent to the ESIL Secretariat before 30 April 2019 at the very latest.