Doing Business Right Winter Academy – The UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights From theory to practice
The Asser Institute will hold its second Doing Business Right Winter Academy – from 28 January to 1 February 2019. The academy is an educational programme dedicated to the growing field of business and human rights.
A hands-on comprehensive programme
The Winter Academy will feature high level academic lecturers who are currently shaping the scholarly debates on business and human rights and practitioners with a hands-on experience in the field. Participants will acquire a well-rounded understanding of soft and hard, legal and non-legal accountability mechanisms, and numerous interactive sessions that provide the opportunity to apply theoretical insights to various concrete case studies.
The Winter Academy 2019 covers the following key issues:
- The theoretical and historical roots of the UN Guiding Principles (UNGPs)
- The various implementations of the UN Guiding Principles at a national and transnational level
- The practical functioning of the responsibility of corporations to conduct human rights due diligence
- The effect of the UN Guiding Principles on the accessibility of remedies in business and human rights cases
- The need for a binding treaty on business and human rights to complement the UN Guiding Principles
- Registration for this programme is now open, please click here to fill out the form.