Vacancy Notice. Registrar (Grade A7), Registry of the European Court of Human Rights
Under the authority of the President of the Court, the Registrar, as the Registry’s senior official, has overall responsibility for both the administrative and the judicial activities of the Registry, which comprises a workforce of 650.
- assists the Court in the performance of its functions and is responsible for the organisation and activities of the Registry;
- provides leadership and direction to staff by maintaining a harmonious and efficient working environment within the Registry so as to ensure that the Registry provides effective assistance to the Court;
- determines the overall staff and budgetary policy; retains an overview and takes decisions on staff and budgetary matters;
- upholds contact with the highest levels of authority in the Council of Europe, notably in relation to matters affecting staff and budget policy;
- develops an effective communications policy, in accordance with the instructions of the Court, notably in relation to the media, the general and specialised public and other international and national courts;
- advises the Court on practice and procedure;
- represents the Registry and, on the instructions of the President, the Court.
Applications must be made in English or French using the Council of Europe on-line application system. By connecting to our website www.coe.int/jobs you can create and submit your on-line application. Applications must be submitted by 27 May 2015 (midnight Central European Time) at the latest.