Interest Group on International Environmental Law
- International Conference co-organized with IGHIL, MPI Heidelberg and the JM Chair: Healthy”: Health and the Environment in International Law: Actors, Norms and Responsibilities, 17-18 October 2018. The CALL FOR PAPERS is closed.
- Conference on Contemporary Challenges to International Law and Policy on Sustainable Development, Energy, Climate Change, Environmental Protection, Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer at Masaryk University, Telč (Czech Republic),19 April – 21 April 2018. Conference jointly organized by gLAWcal – Global Law Initiatives for Sustainable Development (United Kingdom), the ESIL IG on International Environmental Law, and the American Society of International Law (ASIL) IG on Intellectual Property Law. CALL FOR PAPERS. Programme.
- IG event: International Law on Sustainable Development, Climate Change and Environmental Protection in Times of Disorder and Contestation on the occasion of the 2018 Research Forum, Hebrew University Faculty of Law, Jerusalem (28 February – 1 March 2018). Call for Papers. PROGRAMME.
- Conference: Health, environment, food and risk regulation – focus on: Good governance,intellectual property rights, and consumer protection, University of Parma, 4 December 2017. Jointly organized by the University of Parma, Faculty of Law, gLAWcal – Global Law Initiatives for Sustainable Development (United Kingdom), ESIL Interest Group on International Environmental Law, and the ASIL Interest Group on Intellectual Property Law. Call for Papers. PROGRAMME
- Conference: Financing & the right to science in technology transfer in the SDGS, University of Groningen, 24 November 2017. This conference is organized by the Department of International Law, Faculty of Law, University of Groningen, and co-sponsored by the ESIL Interest Group on International Environmental Law. PROGRAMME. FLYER.
- Pre-conference IG event: ”Water-Energy-Food Nexus and Environmental Sustainability: Choices, Compromises and Priorities”, 6 September 2017, Naples, on the occasion of the 13th ESIL Annual Conference on “Global Public Goods, Global Commons and Fundamental Values: The Responses of International Law”. Call for Papers Programme.
- The ESIL Interest Group on International Environmental Law, the Faculty of Law of the University of Macau and gLAWcal – Global Law Initiatives for Sustainable Development (United Kingdom) and the ASIL IG Intellectual Property Laworganized an International Conference on “Consumer Policy in a Comparative Perspective: New Challenges in Chinese, European, and International Law” at University of Macau 29-30 June 2017. The Call for Papers is now closed. PROGRAMME – LEAFLET
- Joint IEL-ILT Interest Group meeting, before the ESIL Annual Conference, Riga, 7 September 2016: ”The Resilience of Law’‘. PROGRAMME
- Joint Conference organised by the ESIL/ASIL Interest Groups on International Environmental Law, ‘The Changing Nature of International Environmental Law: Evolving Approaches of the United States and the European Union’, Geneva, 22-23 November 2013.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
The conveners of the Interest Group receive automatically-generated updated lists of IG members on the 7th day of each month.
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
Members of the Coordinating Committee are elected for four-year terms and may be re-elected. The IG has a staggered election model, where two members stand for (re-)election every two years.
- Jaye Ellis and Oren Perez were elected in May 2014.
- Paolo Farah and Josephine van Zeben were elected in April 2016.
- Martin Svec, Chamu Kuppuswamy, Daria S. Boklan joined the CC in June 2018.
- The next elections will take place in April 2020.