Interest Group on International Environmental Law
- Pre-conference workshop at the 2020 ESIL Research Forum: ‘Solidarity: The Quest for Founding Utopias of International Law’, Catania, 15-16 April 2021. Call for Papers.
- Conference: “SDGS, Biodiversity and Plant Health: International Legal Aspects”, jointly organized by ESIL IG on International Environmental Law and RUDN University, Moscow. Call for Papers. Postponed – new dates TBD.
- Workshop: ‘The Reality and Rhetoric of Sovereignty in Relation to Natural Resources, Environment, Trade and Development’. 15th ESIL Annual Conference, 12-14 September 2019, Athens. Call for Papers. Programme.
- Conference: ‘International Law in Times of Trade Wars and Global Environmental Problems: Protection or Protectionism?’ Co-organised with the American Society of International Law IG on Intellectual Property Law, the National Research University Higher School of Economics, and gLAWcal – Global Law Initiatives for Sustainable Development, Moscow, 31 May -1 June 2019. Call for Papers. Programme.
- Workshop: ‘Globalisation of Environmental Law and the Role of Developing Countries towards Sustainable Development’ Co-organised by the University of Cologne, gLAWcal-Global Law Initiatives for Sustainable Development (United Kingdom), the European Society of International Law (ESIL) Interest Group on International Environmental Law and the American Society of International Law (ASIL) Interest Group on Intellectual Property Law, Cologne, 6 April 2019. Call for Papers. Programme.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
- Martin Svec, Chamu Kuppuswamy and Daria S. Boklan were elected for a 4-year term in June 2018.
- Paolo Farah and Josephine van Zeben were re-elected for a 4-year term in June 2020.
- The next elections will be held in June 2022.