Interest Group on the Law of the Sea
Website of the Group: http://esillawseaig.wordpress.com
- Pre-conference workshop: ‘Sovereignty at Sea: Repercussions in flux?’, Athens, 12 September 2019. PROGRAMME.
- Conference: ‘The EU as a Global Actor in Maritime Security: Competences – Obligations – Accountability’, jointly organised by the University of Leiden, ESIL IG on The EU as a Global Actor, IG on Migration and Refugee Law, IG on International Human Rights Law and IG on the Law of the Sea, Leiden, 25-26 October 2018.
- Pre-conference workshop: ‘International Law of the Sea and Universality’, ESIL 14th Annual Conference, Manchester, 13 September 2018.
- Pre-conference workshop: ‘Global Commons and Values in Oceans: What should be the role of the New Implementing Agreement under UNCLOS?’, ESIL 13th Annual Conference, Naples, 6 September 2017. PROGRAMME.
- Meeting: ESIL 12th Annual Conference, Riga, 7 September 2016. PROGRAMME.
- Workshop: ‘International Law and… the Sea’, Vienna, 3 September 2014. PROGRAMME.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
- The IG was set up in 2012.
- Maria Gavouneli, Miguel Garcia and Seline Trevisanut were elected in 2014.
- No candidates came forward in June 2016.
- Anthi Koskina, Gabriela A. Oanta and Jessica Schechinger were elected in 2018.
- The next Coordinating Committee elections will be held in 2020.