Interest Group on the History of International Law
- Pre-conference workshop at the 2020 ESIL Research Forum on ‘Solidarity: The Quest for Founding Utopias of International Law’, Catania, 15-16 April 2021.
Call for Papers. Programme.
- Pre-conference workshop: ‘New Histories of Sovereigns and Sovereignties’, 15th Annual Conference, Athens, 12-14 April 2019. Call for Papers. Programme.
- Workshop: ‘The rule of law and international law in historical perspective’, ESIL Research Forum, Göttingen, 3 April 2019. Programme.
- Workshop: ‘Consumers or Producers of international law? Non-European experiences with the law of nations in comparative perspective’, ESIL 14th Annual Conference, Manchester, 13 September 2018.
- Workshop: ‘Evaluating the ‘Turn to History’ in International Law’ ESIL 13th Annual Conference, Naples, 6 September 2017. Programme.
- Workshop: ‘Neutrality in the History of International Law’, ESIL Research Forum, Granada, 30 March 2017. Programme
- Workshop: ‘Writing Crisis in the History of International Law’, ESIL 12th Annual Conference, Riga, 7 September 2016. Report.
- Workshop: ‘Dreaming of the Rule of International Law’, ESIL 11th Annual Conference, Oslo, 9 September 2015.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
- The previous Coordinating Committee was elected in October 2017.
- Markus P. Beham was re-elected for a 4-year term in October 2019.
- Frederik Dhondt and Jan Lemnitzer were re-elected for a 2-year term in October 2019.
- John R Morss was elected for a 4-year term in October 2019.
- Jaanika Erne was elected for a 2-year term in October 2019.