Interest Group on the History of International Law
- Workshop: ‘New Histories of Sovereigns and Sovereignties’, 15th Annual Conference, Athens, 12-14 April 2019. Call for Papers. The deadline for submissions is 30 April 2019.
- Workshop: ‘The rule of law and international law in historical perspective’, ESIL Research Forum, Göttingen, 3 April 2019. Call for Papers. The programme is now available.
- Workshop: ‘Consumers or Producers of international law? Non-European experiences with the law of nations in comparative perspective’, ESIL 14th Annual Conference, Manchester, 13 September 2018. Call for Papers. Programme.
- Workshop: ‘Evaluating the ‘Turn to History’ in International Law’ ESIL 13th Annual Conference, Naples, 6 September 2017. Programme.
- Workshop: ‘Neutrality in the History of International Law’, ESIL Research Forum, Granada, 30 March 2017. Programme
- Workshop: ‘Writing Crisis in the History of International Law’, ESIL 12th Annual Conference, Riga, 7 September 2016. Report.
- Workshop: ‘Dreaming of the Rule of International Law’, ESIL 11th Annual Conference, Oslo, 9 September 2015.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
- The current Coordinating Committee was elected in October 2017.
- The next Coordinating Committee elections are planned for October 2019.