Interest Group on the EU as a Global Actor
- Online webinar: ‘The European Union’s External Action and International Law: A View From the Outside’, Joint ESIL IG on the EU as a Global Actor/ILAG online webinar, 12 June 2020, London. PROGRAMME.
- Workshop: ‘EU Trade Agreements and the Duty to Respect Human Rights Abroad’, Joint ESIL IG on the EU as a Global Actor/CLEER Workshop, 11 December 2019, The Hague. Call for Papers. PROGRAMME.
- Workshop: ‘Sharing Sovereignty: The EU, its Member States and International Law’. 15th ESIL Annual Conference, 12-14 September 2019, Athens. Call for Papers. PROGRAMME.
- Symposium: ‘Democracy, Rule of Law and Human Rights in Europe and the World in Times of Contestation’, jointly organised by The Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies (GGS), the Centre for the Law of EU External Relations (CLEER), the Geneva Centre d’études juridiques européennes and the European Papers, Leuven, 20-21 September 2018. Call for Papers.
- Conference: ‘The EU as a Global Actor in Maritime Security: Competences – Obligations – Accountability’, jointly organised by the University of Leiden, ESIL IG on The EU as a Global Actor, IG on Migration and Refugee Law, IG on International Human Rights Law and IG on the Law of the Sea, Leiden, 25-26 October 2018.
- Workshop: ‘The European way, universality and fragmentation of international law’, 14th ESIL Annual Conference, Manchester, 13 September 2018.
- Seminar: ‘EU External Relations Law: Recent Developments’, jointly organised with The Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies and the University of Salamanca, Leuven, 10 July 2018. PROGRAMME.
- Workshop: ‘Exiting institutions’, 13th ESIL annual conference, Naples, 6 September 2017.
- Seminar: ‘Scoping the Field of EU External Relations Law at Sixty‘, Leuven, 17 July 2017. PROGRAMME.
- Meeting: ‘The Contribution of the European Union to the International Legal Order’, 12th ESIL Annual Conference, Riga, 7 September 2016. PROGRAMME.
- Workshop: ‘The EU and International Dispute Settlement’, Florence, 19-20 February 2015.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
- Elections will be held every two years for two of the four conveners (to allow continuity of the IG) for a four-year term.
- Piet Eeckhout and Anne Thies were elected in 2014; Christine Kaddous and Ramses Wessel were elected in March 2016.
- Anne Thies and Melanie Fink were elected in April 2018 for a four-year term.
- Christine Kaddous, Jed Odermatt and Tamás Molnár we (re)elected in May 2020 for a four-year term.
- The next Coordinating Committee elections are planned for March 2022 (for two conveners).