Interest Group on Peace and Security
Website of the Group: https://igpeaceandsecurity.wixsite.com/esiligps
- Pre-conference workshop at the 2020 ESIL Research Forum: ‘Solidarity: The Quest for Founding Utopias of International Law’, Catania, 23 April 2020.
CALL FOR PAPERS. The deadline for submissions of abstracts is 17 January 2020, midnight (London-UK time).
- Workshop: ‘The rule of law in cyberspace’, ESIL Research Forum, Göttingen, 3 April 2019. The PROGRAMME is now available.
- Panel: ‘Solidarity and the Promotion of Peace and Security’, 13th ESIL Annual Conference, Naples, 6 September 2017. CALL FOR PAPERS.
- Agora: ‘International Legal Advice and Decision Making in Times of Crisis’, 12th ESIL Annual Conference, Riga, 10 September 2016.
- Forum: ‘International Law and the Fight against ISIS’, 11th ESIL Annual Conference, Oslo, September 2015. PROGRAMME
- Symposium: ‘The Changing Nature of Peacekeeping: Challenges for Jus ad Bellum, Jus in Bello and Human Rights’ co-organised by the ESIL Interest Group on Peace and Security and the SHARES Project, Vienna, 3 September 2014. PROGRAMME.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
- The current Coordinating Committee was elected in December 2018: Clare Frances Moran and Paulina Starski for a 2-year term until December 2020 and Ilja Richard Pavone and Nicholas Tsagourias for a 4-year term until December 2022.