Interest Group on Migration and Refugee Law
Website of the Group: http://migreflaw.wordpress.com/
- Pre-conference workshop at the 2020 ESIL Research Forum: ‘Solidarity: The Quest for Founding Utopias of International Law’, Catania, 15-16 April 2021. Call for Papers.
- Pre-conference workshop: ‘Children in the context of migration and asylum: a further layer of legal standards limiting State sovereignty?’, Athens, 12 September 2019. Call for Papers. The programme can be found on the IG Website.
- Workshop: ‘Migration and the rule of law’, ESIL Research Forum, Göttingen, 3 April 2019. Programme.
- Conference: ‘The EU as a Global Actor in Maritime Security: Competences – Obligations – Accountability’, jointly organised by the University of Leiden, ESIL IG on The EU as a Global Actor, IG on Migration and Refugee Law, IG on International Human Rights Law and IG on the Law of the Sea, Leiden, 25-26 October 2018.
- Pre-conference workshop: ‘The Shaping Up of the UN Global Compacts on Migration and Refugees. Progression towards or Retreat from a Universal Agenda?’, Manchester, 13 September 2018. Programme.
- Round table: ‘Diritti Umani in Turchia’, Ferrara, 6 June 2018.
- Pre-conference event: ‘The Future of international migration law’, ESIL 13th Annual Conference, Naples, 6 September 2017. Programme.
- Symposium: ‘(Ab)normality of Migration and the Legal Position of Migrants’, EJIL: Talk!, 18 May 2015. Programme.
- Panel discussion: ‘Heading to Europe: Safe Haven or Graveyard?’, Nijmegen, 16 May 2014.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
- Kristof Gombeer, Tamas Molnar, and Tom Syring were elected in January 2016 for a 4-year term.
- Daniela Vitiello was elected in March 2018 for a 4-year term.
- Kristof Gombeer, Tamas Molnar, and Tom Syring were re-appointed in June 2020 for a 2-year term.
- The next Coordinating Committee elections are planned for March 2022.