Interest Group on International Human Rights Law
- Online panel discussion of Hannah Arendt’s essay ‘We Refugees’, jointly organised by the IG on International Human Rights Law and the Institute for International Law of Peace and Armed Conflict (IFHV), 25 February 2021. Flyer
- Online talk with Alena Douhan (UN Special Rapporteur), jointly organised by the IG on International Human Rights Law and the Institute for International Law of Peace and Armed Conflict (IFHV), 23 February 2021. Flyer
- Pre-conference workshop: ‘International Human Rights Law Beyond Traditional Sovereign Spaces’, Athens, 12 September 2019. Call for Papers. PROGRAMME.
- Conference: ‘The EU as a Global Actor in Maritime Security: Competences – Obligations – Accountability’, jointly organised by the University of Leiden, ESIL IG on The EU as a Global Actor, IG on Migration and Refugee Law, IG on International Human Rights Law and IG on the Law of the Sea, Leiden, 25-26 October 2018.
- Pre-Conference roundtable: ‘The Universality Challenge to Human Rights Law: a Sword, a Shield, or Neither?’, Manchester, 13 September 2018.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
- Pierre Thielborger was re-elected for a 2-year term in October 2019.
- Muhammad Abdullah Fazi and Alejandro Fuentes were elected for a 4-year term in October 2019.
- The next elections will be held in October 2021.