Interest Group on International Human Rights Law
- Pre-conference workshop: ‘International Human Rights Law Beyond Traditional Sovereign Spaces’, Athens, 12 September 2019. Call for Papers. PROGRAMME.
- Conference: ‘The EU as a Global Actor in Maritime Security: Competences – Obligations – Accountability’, jointly organised by the University of Leiden, ESIL IG on The EU as a Global Actor, IG on Migration and Refugee Law, IG on International Human Rights Law and IG on the Law of the Sea, Leiden, 25-26 October 2018.
- Pre-Conference roundtable: ‘The Universality Challenge to Human Rights Law: a Sword, a Shield, or Neither?’, Manchester, 13 September 2018.
- Workshop: ‘Human Rights: Fundamental Values in International Law?’, Naples, 6 September 2017. PROGRAMME
- Workshop: ‘The Place of International Human Rights Law in Times of Crisis’, Riga, 7 September 2016. PROGRAMME
- Roundtable: ‘Impact of and Backlash against Human Rights Courts and Quasi-Judicial Bodies’, Oslo, 9 September 2015.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
- The previous Coordinating Committee was elected in October 2017.
- Pierre Thielborger was re-elected for a 2-year term in October 2019.
- Muhammad Abdullah Fazi and Alejandro Fuentes were elected for a 4-year term in October 2019.