Interest Group on International Economic Law
- ESIL IGs on International Economic Law and International Business and Human Rights will hold an agora on the occasion of the 13th ESIL Annual Conférence in Naples ‘Global Public Goods, Global Commons and Fundamental Values: The Responses of International Law’, 7–9 September 2017. CALL FOR PAPERS. The call for papers is now closed.
With the support of the ESIL Interest Group on International Economic Law, the Athens Public International Law Center (AthensPIL) of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Faculty of Law, the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), the Research Center on Procurement law and International Investments (CREDIMI) of the University of Burgundy, and the Faculty of Law of the University of Zaragoza organise, in the context of the Investment Law Initiative, a Colloquium on “International Investment Law & the Law of Armed Conflict”, to be held in Athens, on 5-6 October 2017. CALL FOR PAPERS. Deadline for submission: March 15, 2017.
Most recent events:
The ESIL IG on International Economic Law in cooperation with the European Parliament organized an International Conference "The Role of the European Parliament in the Conclusion and Implementation of Agreements on International Economic Law issues " on 9 December 2016 at the European Parliament in Brussels. Call for Papers.
- The ESIL IEL IG co-chairs, together with the International Law Association - Branch of Italy, organized an International Conference in Ravenna on 27 and 28 October 2016 on the topic ''UNESCO World Heritage between Education and Economy - A Legal Analysis". PROGRAMME
- Full day workshop on the occasion of the ESIL's Annual Conference in Riga, 7 September 2016, PROGRAMME
- Meeting at the SIEL Johannesburg Conference, 7 July 2016. MEMO
- Joint ASIL-ESIL-Max Planck Scholarship Workshop, 'The Future of Transatlantic Economic Governance in the Age of the BRICS', Max Planck Institute, Heidelberg, 11-12 December 2015
- Conference: 'Transparency vs Confidentiality in International Economic Law: Looking for an Appropriate Balance', Ravenna, School of Law, 20 November 2015. Co-organised with the Italian branch of the International Law Association.
- Workshop, 11th ESIL Annual Conference (Oslo, 9 September 2015). Programme
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
The conveners of the Interest Group receive automatically-generated updated lists of IG members on the 7th day of each month.
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
In accordance with ESIL’s by-laws, the Interest Group on International Economic Law elected in November 2016 three new members of the CC to join Elisa Baroncini and Peter-Tobias Stoll (members of the CC until 2018): Holger Hestermeyer, Catharine Titi and Marina Trunk-Fedorova.