ESIL Travel Grants
As of 2016, the European Society of International Law offers travel grants to encourage and facilitate attendance at its Annual Conferences, Research Fora, and other events. Travel grants for Annual Conferences are awarded under two different schemes: the Early Career Scheme and the Developing/ Emerging Economies Scheme. While travel grants are normally awarded to applicants presenting a paper, limited support may also be available to non-presenting participants. Travel grants for Research Fora and other ESIL events are awarded to ESIL members who are selected speakers or chairs at the event.
GÖTTINGEN RESEARCH FORUM TRAVEL GRANTS
Travel grants are a contribution to the expenses of attending the Research Forum, and can cover the cost of travel (flights, trains, etc.) and/or accommodation.
Applications for travel grants for the ESIL Research Forum in Göttingen (4-5 April 2019) will be accepted until Tuesday 12 February 2019.
Eligibility: If you are a chair or speaker in the main Research Forum or in one of the Interest Group events, you may apply for a travel grant. (Note: chairs and speakers at Interest Group events can receive a travel grant only if they also attend the main Research Forum).
You cannot apply for a travel grant if you receive financial support from your institution or any other organization to attend this event.
Applicants must be current ESIL members at the time of applying for a grant.
Points System: If there are more applications than available grants, the Selection Committee will use a points system based on the following criteria:
- Status on programme (presenter/chair)
- Geographical origin (priority given to scholars based in emerging/developing countries. List available here)
- Gender balance
- Contribution to ESIL (priority given to applicants who have demonstrated special engagement with ESIL, such as engagement with Interest Groups or past ESIL membership)
- Past awards (priority to applicants who have not previously been awarded a travel grant)
Value of Awards
- Applicants from Europe (list of countries here): €200
- Applicants from rest of the world: €400
- You should submit your application form and supporting documents to: email@example.com with the subject line ESIL Travel Grant application / your surname before Tuesday 12 February 2019.
- You will be notified of the decision by email in March 2019.
- You will receive the grant by bank transfer after the event. You need to send all requested documents (signed reimbursement form, travel documents, and complete bank details) to the ESIL Secretariat by Tuesday 30 April 2019 at the very latest.