Call for Papers Fifth AsianSIL Biennial Conference
Call for Papers: ‘International Law and the Changing Economic & Political Landscape in Asia’
The Fifth Biennial Conference of the Asian Society of International Law will be held in Bangkok, Thailand, on 26 – 27 November 2015.
Theme of the Conference
Nowadays governments, scholars and civil society in Asia are engaged enthusiastically in the development of international law in the region. Asian countries today witness more regional cooperation and economic integration, for instance, through the launch of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) and the Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), etc. The conference will confront the changes that will ensue from these developments in the region, and provide a forum to share perspectives on legal issues from around Asia and from beyond.
Topics of Papers: to this end, proposals for papers are now being invited on the following topics:
- Changing approaches to international law
- Emerging issues in human rights
- Conflict of laws relating to marriage, adoption, surrogacy and custody of children
- Energy and natural resources law
- International environmental law: Climate change and disaster management
- Food security, health and sanitary cooperation;
- International cooperation against organized crime and its punishment and the illicit trade in cultural artifacts, especially in conflict situations;
- International Humanitarian Law
- Law of the Sea, including piracy and maritime security and safety in the Asian region
- Legal aspects of regional integration in its political and social dimensions, including ASEAN Integration, free trade agreements, and security arrangements;
- Peaceful resolution of political and territorial disputes in Asia, including legal frameworks for cooperation
- Resolution of international trade and business disputes in Asia, including the enforcement of arbitration awards and foreign judgments
- International Investment Law
- Trade- and business-related issues, including the regulation of cyber matters
Deadline: Friday, 10 July 2015, 2300 hrs (Singapore Time).
Click HERE for online abstract submission for individual papers
Click HERE for online submission for panels
Click HERE for further information