ESIL membership includes online access to the European Journal of International Law, both on the OUP site and via the EJIL App (Apple and Android). Once you have paid your membership fee, there will be a short delay of a few weeks, whilst data is passed to OUP and processed.
You will then receive an email from OUP’s customer services department, which includes your customer ID number and instructions on how to activate your online subscription. Please retain this email safely for reference. If you are unable to locate your OUP ID number, please email email@example.com for assistance. Further detail on activation via the two routes is given below.
EJIL Online access via OUP platform
- Once you have your email from OUP, you will need to set up a new user account at https://access.oxfordjournals.org/oup/login/local.do (or, if you already have an account for say eTOC alerts, log in at the same page).
- Fill in the blank fields, and choose your own username and password.
- Once you have registered an account you have to attach your subscription. You can do this by choosing ‘Manage your subscriptions’ in your account and typing your OUP customer ID number in the blank field.
- This step will connect your online account with your account on our records, and give you access to EJIL. Once this has been done, please be aware that it can take up to 36 hours for your account to become active.
EJIL App for Tablet or Smartphone
All ESIL members can now access EJIL on their mobile device. The EJIL app, available for both Apple and Android users, is included in the ESIL membership. It offers two major advantages. The entire issue downloads to your tablet, enabling you to read it anytime, anywhere, whether you’re in a wifi zone or not. In addition, it gives readers a sense of the issue as a whole. Rather than downloading individual articles you can browse and skim the entire issue as well as read articles of your choice in depth.
To access the EJIL app, here are the technical details:
- Go to www.exacteditions.com/print/ejil and enter your OUP customer ID number plus your email address and choice of password.
- The site will authenticate you as a user.
- Go to the appropriate App Store (Apple or Android) and download the EJIL app.
- When you reach the login page enter your registered email address and password.
- New issues of EJIL will automatically sync when you open the app in future.
If you experience any problems do not hesitate to email the support team at Exact Editions.