ESIL-Sponsored Conference ‘European and Eurasian Migration Systems Similarities and Differences of Legal Regulation’
The Centre of the European Union VOICES and the Department for International and European Law of the Law Faculty of Kazan Federal University, in cooperation with the Russian Association of International Law and the European Society of International Law, are organising an international conference on “European and Eurasian Migration Systems: Similarities and Differences of Legal Regulation”, to be held on 11 – 12 December 2014 at Kazan Federal University.
This international conference seeks to address the following issues in the field of migration:
- What are the main features of European and Eurasian migration systems?
- How do the two systems interact with each other?
- How are migration processes regulated in the framework of regional organizations in Europe and the former Soviet Union, such as in the EU, the CIS and EurAsEC?
- What are the similarities and differences in the legal regulation of the two migration systems?
- What are the trends and prospects for the legal regulation of migration processes in the European Union and in the Eurasian area?
The conference will bring together early-career researchers, established scholars and practitioners in the field of migration, law and social policy.