Interest Group on the EU as a Global Actor
- Workshop on the occasion of the 2018 ESIL Annual conference in Manchester on 13 September 2018. PROGRAMME
- Symposium jointly organized by The Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies (GGS), the Centre for the Law of EU External Relations (CLEER), the Geneva Centre d’études juridiques européennes and European Papers: Democracy, Rule of Law and Human Rights in Europe and the World in Times of Contestation, Leuven, 20-21 September 2018. Call for Papers
- Conference jointly organised by the university of Leiden, ESIL IG on Migration and Refugee Law, IG on International Human Rights Law and IG on the Law of the Sea: The EU as a Global Actor in Maritime Security: Competences – Obligations – Accountability, 25-26 October 2018, Leiden. The Call for Papers is closed.
- Seminar jointly organised with The Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies and the University of Salamanca: EU External Relations Law: Recent Developments, 10 July 2018, Leuven. PROGRAMME
- Workshop: Exiting institutions, Naples, 6 September 2017 on the occasion of the 2017 ESIL annual conference.
- Seminar: Scoping the Field of EU External Relations Law at Sixty, 17 July 2017 in Leuven: PROGRAMME
- Meeting: The Contribution of the European Union to the International Legal Order. 7 September 2016, Riga. PROGRAMME
- Workshop: ‘The EU and International Dispute Settlement’, Florence, 19 and 20 February 2015.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
The conveners of the Interest Group receive automatically-generated updated membership lists each month.
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
- Elections will be held every two years for two of the four conveners (to allow continuity of the IG) for a four-year term.
- Piet Eeckhout and Anne Thies were elected in 2014; Christine Kaddous and Ramses Wessel were elected in March 2016.
- Anne Thies and Melanie Fink were elected in April 2018 for a four-year term.
- The next Coordinating Committee elections are planned for March 2020 (for two conveners).