Interest Group on the Law of the Sea
Website of the Group: http://esillawseaig.wordpress.com
- Conference jointly organised by the University of Leiden, ESIL IG on The EU as a Global Actor, IG on Migration and Refugee Law, IG on International Human Rights Law and IG on the Law of the Sea: The EU as a Global Actor in Maritime Security: Competences – Obligations – Accountability, 25-26 October 2018, Leiden. Call for Papers PROGRAMME
- Pre-conference workshop on the occasion of ESIL Annual conference: International Law of the Sea and Universality, 13 September 2018, Manchester. The CALL FOR PAPERS is closed. PROGRAMME
- Pre-conference workshop: Global Commons and Values in Oceans: What should be the role of the New Implementing Agreement under UNCLOS?, 6 September 2017, Naples. PROGRAMME
- Meeting on 7 September 2016, 11h00 – 18h00, before the ESIL Annual Conference. PROGRAMME.
- Workshop, ‘International Law and… the Sea’, Vienna, 3 September 2014.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
- The IG was set up in 2012.
- Maria Gavouneli, Miguel Garcia and Seline Trevisanut were elected in 2014.
- No candidates came forward in June 2016.
- Anthi Koskina, Gabriela A. Oanta and Jessica Schechinger were elected in 2018.
- The next Coordinating Committee elections will be held in 2020.