Interest Group on International Environmental Law
- Conference: ‘International Law in Times of Trade Wars and Global Environmental Problems: Protection or Protectionism?’ Co-organised with the American Society of International Law IG on Intellectual Property Law, the National Research University Higher School of Economics, and gLAWcal – Global Law Initiatives for Sustainable Development, Moscow, 31 May -1 June 2019. The Call for Papers is now open.
- IG Event: ‘Sound Science-Based Regulation in the Post-Truth Era: Domestic and International Rule of Law Under Fire’, co-organised with the Interest Group on International Bio Law, Research Forum, Göttingen, 3 April 2019. The Call for Papers is now open.
- International Conference, Heidelberg, 17-18 October 2018: Health and the Environment in International Law: Actors, Norms and Responsibilities.
Co-organizers: Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law, Heidelberg; ESIL Interest Group on International Health Law; ESIL Interest Group on International Environmental Law; Jean Monnet Chair in European Health, Environmental and Food Safety Law. Call for Papers PROGRAMME
- Manchester Annual Conference pre-conference session, 13 September 2018: Universality of Climate Change. Call for Papers. PROGRAMME.
- Conference on Contemporary Challenges to International Law and Policy on Sustainable Development, Energy, Climate Change, Environmental Protection, Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer at Masaryk University, Telč (Czech Republic),19–21 April 2018. Conference jointly organized by gLAWcal – Global Law Initiatives for Sustainable Development (United Kingdom), ESIL IG on International Environmental Law, and American Society of International Law (ASIL) IG on Intellectual Property Law. Call for Papers. PROGRAMME
- IG event: International Law on Sustainable Development, Climate Change and Environmental Protection in Times of Disorder and Contestation on the occasion of the 2018 Research Forum, Hebrew University Faculty of Law, Jerusalem, 28 February – 1 March 2018. Call for Papers. PROGRAMME
- Conference: Health, environment, food and risk regulation – focus on: Good governance,intellectual property rights, and consumer protection, University of Parma, 4 December 2017. Jointly organized by the University of Parma, Faculty of Law, gLAWcal – Global Law Initiatives for Sustainable Development (United Kingdom), ESIL Interest Group on International Environmental Law, and the ASIL Interest Group on Intellectual Property Law. Call for Papers. PROGRAMME
- Conference: Financing & the right to science in technology transfer in the SDGS, University of Groningen, 24 November 2017. Organized by the Department of International Law, University of Groningen, and co-sponsored by the ESIL Interest Group on International Environmental Law. PROGRAMME
- Naples Annual Conference pre-conference session: Water-Energy-Food Nexus and Environmental Sustainability: Choices, Compromises and Priorities, 6 September 2017. Call for Papers. PROGRAMME
- The ESIL Interest Group on International Environmental Law, the Faculty of Law of the University of Macau and gLAWcal – Global Law Initiatives for Sustainable Development (United Kingdom) and the ASIL IG Intellectual Property Law organized an International Conference on “Consumer Policy in a Comparative Perspective: New Challenges in Chinese, European, and International Law” at University of Macau, 29-30 June 2017. Call for Papers. PROGRAMME
- Riga Annual Conference, joint IEL-ILT pre-conference session: 7 September 2016: ”The Resilience of Law‘‘. PROGRAMME
- Joint Conference organised by the ESIL/ASIL Interest Groups on International Environmental Law: ‘The Changing Nature of International Environmental Law: Evolving Approaches of the United States and the European Union’, Geneva, 22-23 November 2013. PROGRAMME
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
Members of the Coordinating Committee are elected for four-year terms and may be re-elected. The IG has a staggered election model, where two members stand for (re-)election every two years.
- Jaye Ellis and Oren Perez were elected in May 2014.
- Paolo Farah and Josephine van Zeben were elected in April 2016.
- Martin Svec, Chamu Kuppuswamy, Daria S. Boklan joined the CC in June 2018.
- The next elections will take place in April 2020.