Interest Group on Migration and Refugee Law
- Pre-conference workshop on the occasion of the ESIL annual conference in Manchester, 13 September 2018: The Shaping Up of the UN Global Compacts on Migration and Refugees. Progression towards or Retrat from a Universal Agenda? Call for Papers. Deadline for submissions: 30 June 2018
- Conference jointly organised by the university of Leiden, ESIL IG on Migration and Refugee Law, IG on International Human Rights Law and IG on the Law of the Sea: The EU as a Global Actor in Maritime Security: Competences – Obligations – Accountability, 25-26 October 2018, Leiden. Call for Papers. Deadline for submissions: 30 June
- Round table: ‘Diritti Umani in Turchia‘ on 6 June 2018, Ferrara. PROGRAMME
- Pre-conference event: ‘The Future of International Migration Law”, 6 September 2017, Naples. PROGRAMME
- Symposium: ‘(Ab)normality of Migration and the Legal Position of Migrants‘, EJIL:Talk!, 18 May 2015.
- Panel discussion, ‘Heading to Europe: Safe Haven or Graveyard?’, Nijmegen, 16 May 2014.
In order to be listed as a member of this IG, you need to ensure:
- You have paid your ESIL membership fee for this year (if not, renew your membership)
- You have created an online ESIL membership account
- You have ticked the box next to this IG in the list of groups in your membership account
The conveners of the Interest Group receive automatically-generated updated lists of IG members on the 7th day of each month.
If you have any doubts about your ESIL membership or your Interest Group membership, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
- The Coordinating Committee was elected in January 2016 for 4 years: Kristof Gombeer, Tamas Molnar, and Tom Syring
- Daniela Vitiello joined the CC for 4 years in March 2018.
- The next Coordinating Committee elections are planned for January 2020.