Call for Papers 6th Conference of the Postgraduate and Early Professionals/Academics Network of the Society of International Economic Law (PEPA/SIEL)
The Conference is organized by PEPA/SIEL in collaboration with the Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC). It will take place on 20-21 April 2017 at Tilburg University, the Netherlands
This conference offers graduate students (students enrolled in Master or PhD programmes) and early professionals/academics (generally within five years of graduating) studying or working in the field of IEL an opportunity to present and discuss their research. It also provides a critical platform where participants can test their ideas about broader issues relating to IEL. One or more senior practitioners and academics will comment on each paper after its presentation, followed by a general discussion.
Submissions on any IEL topic including, but not limited to:
- Law and practice in international economic governance and international organizations;
- International trade, investment, competition, monetary and financial law;
- The interaction of IEL branches with other branches of law governing intellectual property, human rights, environment, sustainable development, food safety;
- Bilateral and regional economic integration and the multilateral trading system;
- Comparative economic law, focusing on how IEL interacts with laws, institutions and actors at the domestic level;
- International economics, philosophy, sociology, politics.
Please also note that as the Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC) fosters interdisciplinary research, we especially encourage the submission of abstracts dealing with Law and Economics aspects of international economic law this year. Abstracts and papers co-authored by lawyers and economists are particularly welcome.
Submissions should include a CV and a research abstract (of no more than 400 words) and be sent no later than 30 November 2016 to email@example.com. Papers will be selected based on a double blind review conducted by a senior practitioner or academic and a conference organiser. Successful applicants will be notified by 15 December 2016, after which they are expected to submit a conference paper (no more than 4000 words) by 15 March 2017. Abstracts will be made available online via the SIEL website (www.sielnet.org).
CALL FOR PAPERS