Call for Papers – ESIL IG on International Business and Human Rights
The ESIL Interest Group on International Business and Human Rights is organising a workshop on “International Business and Human Rights: Changes in International Law-making’ as a side-event to the ESIL 2020 Annual Conference in Stockholm. The workshop will take place on September 9, 2020.
The Workshop is composed of two parts. The first part will be dedicated to the presentation and discussion of two to four papers. After the networking break, we will have a discussion with a special guest and a meeting with IG members. The detailed programme will be announced at the beginning of May 2020.
The discussion in the IBHR Interest Group will have the objective to foster an interdisciplinary exchange with leading experts from diverse academic disciplines and communities of practice.
Areas of Interest:
– Actors involved in IBHR law-making;
– The transnational character of IBHR law-making processes;
– Codification in IBHR;
– The value of soft law in law-making processes;
– Non-state actors and law-making;
– IBHR and states of emergency;
– The role of human right impact assessments and the interactions with law-making;
– IBHR and COVID-19 crisis; and
– The status of the revised draft treaty on business and human rights.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Deadline for submissions: 25 April 2020